Adobe Quick Start Guide
Create and Access Your Meetings
- Navigate to http://c.deic.dk in your favourite web browser
- Login with your Adobe COnnect username and password. If you don't know your password, click the Forgot your Password? link.
- Once authenticated, you are taken to the Adobe Connect Central homepage. Click the +Create button to begin the Meeting Wizard. Click Meeting.
- Enter a meeting name and an easy to remember custom URL such as your first name or username.
- Optionally, fill in the additional fields and click Finish. Your meeting room has been created.
- Enter your meeting room by clicking on the meeting room URL on the confirmation page; by typing the URL in your web browser; or by clicking Enter Meeting Room.
The meeting room you have just created is always available at the URL you specified. It is a good idea to set a browser bookmark to your room for quick and easy access.
Install the Adobe Connect Add-In
- If you have never hosted an Adobe Conenct meeting before, you will be prompted to install the Adobe Connect Add-In. Click Install and follow the instructions.
Meeting participants are only required to have the Adobe Flash Player installed and do not need to install the Adobe Connect Add-In.
Sharing Your Screen
- Click the Share My Screen button in the Share pod.
- In the Start Screen Sharing dialog, choose how you would like to share your screen.
Desktop: Share all applications on your desktop
Windows: Choose specific, already open windows to share
Applications: Share one or more applications and all its related windows
After selecting your desired option, click Share
- An mini-control bar will appear in the bottom left hand corner of your screen that only you can see. Use the mini-control to view chat message, control your webcam, monitor your screenshare, and more.
If you choose to share your entire desktop, it's recommended that you set your screen resolution to 1024x768. Reducing the number of application running that use bandwidth will also provide a better experience for the attendees.
Sharing PowerPoint Content or similar apps
- Click the right arrow beside Share My Screen and select Share Document
- Click Browse My Computer to select a file from your system. In the Browse dialog, locate the Powerpoint (PPT or PPTX) presentation you would like to share and click Open. The file is automatically uploaded and converted.
- Once the file has been converted, it will appear in the share pod. Use the Next and Previous controls to navigate through your presentation.
You can also follow these steps to share other supported file types including image files (JPG or PNG), video files (FLV, MP4), flash files (SWF), PDF files and MP3 audio files.
Using Voice-over-IP (VoIP) for Audio Communications
- Voice-over-IP allows you to communicate with meeting attendees using your computer's microphone and speakers. If you intend to use this feature, it is recommended that you first run through the Audio Setup Wizard. To do this, begin by selecting Meeting > Audio Setup Wizard..
- The wizard guides you through four steps in which you are asked to test your speakers, select a microphone, and optimize the audio. If you have never used Adobe COnnect before, you may see a Flash Player settings box asking for permissions to use your camera and microphone. Selecting Remember will avoid this prompt in the future.
- To begin using VoIP, locate the microphone button near the top of the application. Click the button once to activate VoIP. You can use the arrow beside the icon to mute your microphone or adjust your volume.
Sharing Webcam Video
- You can easily share webcam video with meeting attendees. To do this, make sure your webcam is plugged in and click either the webcam button or the Start My Webcam button on a videopod.
- The webcam will give you a preview of what will be shared. If you are happy with the preview, you can click Start Sharing to broadcast your webcam to all participants.
- The Video pod will accomodate multiple webcams and scale the images appropriately; you don't need to open a separate pod for each presenter.
- If you'd like to adjust the settings for your webcam to increase or decrease the quality based on available bandwith, click Preferences from the Video pod options dialog, or select Meetings > Preferences > Video
- You can easily invite attendees to your meeting by sharing the meeting URL in an email, meeting invitation, chat message, or even verbally over the phone. From within a meeting, you can invite attendees by selecting Meeting > Manage Access & Entry > Invite Participants
- In the Invite Participants dialog, click Compose e-mail. An e-mail appears in your computer's default e-mail client with meeting information pre-populated.
Simply add attendees by entering their e-mail addresses in your e-mail client and send the invitation
- When attendees arrive to the meeting, a notification window may appear asking you to accept or decline the request. Click the checkmark to accept the request. You can also accept multiple requests by choosing Allow Everyone.
- Meeting attendees fall into three roles:
Host: Organizes and facilitates the meeting
Presenter: Assists in meeting facilitation, presenting content, sharing their screen.
Participant: Largely a spectator in the meeting who can chat, respond to polls, and change their status.
- There are two easy ways to change any participant's role. Hovering over a participant's name will bring up a hover menu with several options - including the ability to choose a role for the individual.
- Additionally, the Attendees pod supports drag & drop functionality. Click and drag users from one role to another.
If you wish to change the role of multiple attendees at the same time, hold down Control (Windows) or Command (Mac) while selecting user names and then drag and drop to set the role.