What is the calendar?
The calendar is briefly explained a combination of the teaching times and the education plans as part of the established integration between TimeEdit and itslearning.
In the calendar, you can therefore see where and when the teaching takes place, and which resources and activities are allocated to the teaching.
First you can watch a video that will introduce you briefely to the calandar. Below you will find step by step tutorial to the calendar.
The coloured schedule tiles are events in your calendar. They come from:
- or they can be some that you have created yourself.
What you can do with the schedule tiles depends on where they come from, and what is connected to them.
In this guide, we will describe the various calendar functions.
You can click on the headings below and open them to read more about their subject matter.
You can change the calendar view in itslearning, as needed. Below you can see the week view:
You have 4 different views with a setting and navigation in the upper, right corner of the calendar:
1. List view.
You can use the List view to get a vertical list view of one week at a time, where you can navigate both in the top and bottom:
2. Day view.
You can use the Day view to see only one day at a time, and you can toggle the days at the top to the right.
3. Week view.
You can use the Week view to see your events one week at a time with days and times. You can change weeks in the upper right part of the calendar.
4. Month view.
Here you can get an overview of an entire month at the time, and change months at the top right:
5. That apart, you can select the option 'Show weekend' if you also want to see Saturday and Sunday.
6. Here you'll find the navigation option to the calendar, no matter which view you have selected.
To create an event in the calendar, you will have to click on the place in the calendar where you want to create the event, e.g. on 24/05 at 9:30 - 10:30.
The following window will then open:
1. First, you must choose who this event is for:
As a student, you can choose between Personal or the projects that you are a member of. As a teacher, you can choose between Personal, the projects that you are a member of, as well as teaching courses.
2. You must then enter a title for your event, so that people know what this is about.
3. You can also add a further description to your event.
You can then click on 'Create', and your event will then be saved and available based on your choices under item 1.
4. You can also choose to click on 'Show more options' where you can choose the start and end date as well as the time and use the Rich Text Editor to enter your description, and you can indicate that the event should be a regular event.
If you do not want to make use of item 4, then you can just drag on the event with the mouse and make it longer by dragging at the bottom of it: